Re: [OM] ( OM ) Heads-up - 14mm rectilinear Sigma for OM

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Heads-up - 14mm rectilinear Sigma for OM
From: Doug <doug9345@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:44:38 -0500
On Tuesday, February 24, 2009 06:46, Chris Crawford wrote:
> No, I'm not. I see things like this sell on ebay for far more than KEH,
> B&H, and other stores sell them for used, often. That is 'more than it is
> really worth'.

This has been so long before ebay or the internet  existed. I've been around
auctions since I was 5 years old. My mother was an auctioneer in the late
sixties and was very good at getting guys to pay more for tools and guns than
they were really worth. There was more than one time that I've seen used(not
antique) tools go for more than you could have bought them new. All you need
is two people that have to "win" the bid. Or one that has to "win" the bid
and someone like myself to keep him going. I seem to have a really good feel
for how far I can push someone and not get stuck with something I didn't
particularly want. Since my idea of "winning" a bid is to get something for a
lot less than it is really worth I don't get into bidding contests with
people. -Doug