[OM] [OT] Flat Stanley does Florida

Subject: [OM] [OT] Flat Stanley does Florida
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 13:19:14 -0500
No doubt some of you US and Canadian listees (and maybe more) are
familiar with "Flat Stanley".  I wasn't until very recently when my
daughter asked me to take Flat Stanley on a photo tour in Florida as a
stand-in for my grandson (8 years old).  If you're unfamiliar with Flat
Stanley see:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Stanley>

What I'm doing seems to be a modification of the original where I take
Flat Stanley on a photo tour in lieu of the child who can't be here.
The child will then be responsible (with considerable parental help, no
doubt) for producing a poster board with images and some sort of written
story to accompany the board.  He'll also have to don some sort of
costume that fits at least part of the images.  Says he's going to be
Jimmy Buffett so I've attempted to capture a bit of Margaritaville where
possible.  :-)

So, while we're on our Florida trip I'm taking as many images as
possible to document Flat Stanley's adventures.

Here's Flat Stanly picking grapefruit and avocados in the Fiesta Grove
RV park where we're staying:
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/Flat_Stanley_in_Fiesta_Grove/>

And here's Flat Stanley visiting the Cortez Commercial Fishing Festival
in Cortez, Florida (the oldest fishing village in Florida)
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/Flat_Stanley_at_Cortez/>

This is totally OT.  No Olympus gear of any sort was used.  Color may be
way off as all of this work was done with the Krappy Kolor laptop using
histograms as the primary guide.  I'm not sure what it really looks like
so comments on Kolor (or lack thereof) or anything else are welcome.

Chuck Norcutt