Re: [OM] Upsampling/Sharpening technology [was E system metering was Dpr

Subject: Re: [OM] Upsampling/Sharpening technology [was E system metering was Dpreview Challengesbeta: Firstwinners]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 21:35:14 -0800
Andrew Dacey wrote:
> Could you supply some details on what your technique involved?

- <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/ARL_Sharp/Fox.htm>

Oops! Looking back to answer Fernando's question, I see I didn't answer
yours.

For the 2x upsampling, I used Fred Miranda's SI Pro II, settings Fine SI
and High Sharpening. I think this is actually the crucial step, with the
enlarged image starting out with so much more detail and sharpness than
Clark's simple bicubic version, the next step(s) have less to do.

The rest of the examples are made using FM's IntelliSharpen II with
various settings. One may have been done in two steps.

Moose