Re: [OM] Risking the wrath of SWMBO

Subject: Re: [OM] Risking the wrath of SWMBO
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 18:35:33 +0200
On 16 Feb 2009, at 6:12 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> I guess, what I'm asking is this:
> 1. Am I nuts for being bored with my photography and wanting to
> really shake
> things up a bit?

Nope, otherwise you couldn't call yourself a zuikoholic...

> 2. Can I satisfactorily achieve at least a modicum of my desires
> with just a
> pinhole cap for the OM system?

Nope, pinhole photography for 35mm sucks, it only gets special with
larger formats.
Of course, you could also just make like when we were kids and build
your own
pinhole camera from a box (even if you base it on a precise pinhole
cap) - you really
don't need to buy one. Buying a pinhole cap with a known f-stop will
make it easy
enough to compute exposures for your own 8x10 format or whatever
pinhole camera.
And of course... pinhole photographers don't need no stinkin'
computated exposures,
just like they don't need no stinkin' lens.

At least 4x5. Or http://pinholevan.com/

> 4. How can I sell the idea to SWMBO that I need this handbuilt wood
> box with
> pretty brass fittings?

No problem, just *exchange* it for that pretty titanium-coloured
whatchemacallit
3Ti-type thing. I'm sure I can find you a pinhole camera in exchange
for it which
won't bother/offend the SWMBO.

> 5. This really is a disease, isn't it?

An incurable one... But I would like to use this opportunity to
convince you
that, instead of hanging on to gear, you really do need to *move*
on... Send
me that old OM-3Ti and I'll send you a large-format pinhole camera...

:-)