Re: [OM] [Fwd: Re: Question for item #220287884094 - OLYMPUS OM ZUIKO300

Subject: Re: [OM] [Fwd: Re: Question for item #220287884094 - OLYMPUS OM ZUIKO300mm F4.5 LENS NEW]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 14:41:19 -0800
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> ... My niggle this week - the local fire authority talking about people being
> 'impacted' by fires, when they mean affected - bureaucratic nitwits. ...

It's an act of desperation. They are tired of folks like you picking on
them for being unable to correctly choose when to use 'effect' and when
'affect'. so the have chosen a new word with 'only one spelling' :-)

> This one reminds me of my favoritist ever bumper sticker - 'Eschew
> Obfuscation'.

To which the answering bumper sticker is "Obfuscate Eschewsal"?

Ambiguate Avoidance Moose