Re: [OM] [OT] Netbook without display? was: Recycling, again :-)) and wa

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Netbook without display? was: Recycling, again :-)) and was: Off-topic: Re: 1TB drives
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 14:56:53 +0000
To b honest, this sounds like a perfect job for the PS2.  it will do all of
these things, takes keyboard and mouse and has a good browser;  it will
pull HD content of a UPNP store on your network et c ..etc .. you also get
a BD player.  and if you're bored, Little Big Planet to play.

p.

* On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 11:31:47AM +0100, Jez Cunningham said:
> Well to move the topic off in a slightly different direction, I'm
> half-looking for a little stripped-down 'media pc' that wouldn't look out of
> place in my living room.  I want to watch internet content on my Sony HD tv.
>  Sony make a Bravia internet adaptor but it's targeted at proprietary
> content :-(
> It needs to have a fullHD 1920x1080 display driver (HDMI or DVI), an
> ethernet connection (or USB+wifi dongle), and a wireless keyboard/mouse.
>  Not much else except a built-in browser, not even a hdd really.  And if
> possible no fan.
>
> Something like a miniMac but a PC :-)
> And less than €300 (for which I can get a much-too-capable laptop!).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jez
>
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Mike Lazzari
> <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>

> > >  I think 4:3 would make a lot more sense on a netbook,
> > 16:9 works for movies not for computer monitors. Why the hype over
> > "widescreen" displays?  Which more accurately are "short and squatty" as
> > I've commented before. IMHO 1200 vertical pixels are a minimum before
> > going wide. The 24" monitors @ 1200x1900 are fine and my 22" 4:3
> > 1200x1600 displays an Ething image full screen.
> >
> --

paddy

--
[ "Bother!" said Pooh, as he opened a gate to Hell.                    ]