Re: [OM] Rough in Australia

Subject: Re: [OM] Rough in Australia
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 22:37:21 +1100
They always are but, frankly, on Saturday you could have started a
bushfire by sneezing sideways. People like to blame evildoers because
it gives them someone to hate. I've seen fires started by sparks from
rail wheels, car accidents, twigs brushing power lines. Other causes
are sun shining through glass bottles, discarded cigarettes, clumsy
picnics, etc. And then old fires reignite when the area dries out
again...
Some are started by arson but not as many as some think and they are
almost uncatchable. One around here was a young man who was part of a
fire brigade and enjoyed the glory of the call-outs. When he was
caught, the community was not kind to him...
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx