Re: [OM] OT: Steam train arrives in London

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Steam train arrives in London
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 18:46:24 +0000
Probably because they could (:-)), but one of the "official" reasons
is that all the original models of the Peppercorn A1 were scrapped.
But the real reasons will have been to do with the romance of steam,
wonder at the machinery and the fact that they found enough people to
sponsor its construction to the tune of some £3m.

Chris