Re: [OM] Another photo by Chris

Subject: Re: [OM] Another photo by Chris
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 18:34:29 -0500
I have a Mamiya 645 and the lenses are very, very good. And CHEAP. They were
fairly cheap even when new and are dirt cheap used. There must be something
magical about rangefinders that make manufacturers think they can rape us on
cost. The 645 lenses likely cost more to make, they're more mechanically
complex with their auto-aperture mechanisms. I really like my 645 system.
I'm shooting a lot with the Hasselblad too because I really like square
format. The Hassy lenses are better than the 645 lenses, but you only see it
in the corners, so I still shoot 645 when I want a rectangle instead of a
square (yeah I know I can crop the square and sometimes I do if the Hassy is
all I have with me, but I try not to waste film given my financial situation
now).

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography