[OM] Ooops! They shoulda used epoxy!

Subject: [OM] Ooops! They shoulda used epoxy!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 22:06:23 -0500
Got this from the friendly folks at Canon today.  E thing users feel
free to gloat.

Chuck Norcutt

Dear Charles,

Thank you for using Canon products.

We have discovered that, in rare instances, the main mirror of some EOS
5D Digital SLR cameras may detach due to deterioration in the strength
of the adhesive. Accordingly, we would like to convey the details and
our service policy concerning this phenomenon.

We offer our sincerest apologies to those customers who have been
inconvenienced by this issue. Canon always strives to provide the
highest quality products to our customers and we will spare no effort in
our quality management to make sure our customers can use our products
with confidence. We hope our efforts will earn your understanding.

Phenomenon
The main mirror of the camera detaches and images cannot be viewed
through the viewfinder.

Affected Product
EOS 5D Digital SLR cameras whose main mirror has detached.

User Support
We will repair and reinforce the mirror portion of the affected products
free of charge. If you own one of the affected products, please contact
our Customer Support Center.