[OM] Deer fencing [was: Latest Combination]

Subject: [OM] Deer fencing [was: Latest Combination]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 11:24:59 -0800
> From: Mike Lazzari <jngrefurq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> The only way to fence a garden is with
> a 6'+ fence with a stand of wire off set horizontally at the top.

WILL PAY SHIPPING FOR OLD CDs AND DVDs!

We string these up on our top wire (actually, polypro baling twine).
It really keeps the deer away. I've seen them try to jump a 6' fence
with a top wire, only to get tangled on the wire they couldn't clearly
see. The CDs flashing and moving in the wind are a good deterrent.

So if you have a stack of these things piled up in some corner, I'll
take 'em. 80-grit sandpaper does a great job of read-protection if you
have stuff on there you don't want to share.

:::: Freedom of the commons brings ruin to all. -- Garrett Hardin ::::
:::: Jan Steinman (a fossil-fuel free zone!) <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com