Re: [OM] (OT) A little street shooting in Cambridge (MA)

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) A little street shooting in Cambridge (MA)
From: Lawrence Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 12:02:32 -0500 (EST)
>From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> ... And then there was the completely unpublicized
> yet-to-be-unveiled Harvard Monument to Manhood.

If you had the lens pulled in to 24mm, and were very close to
an object actually about six feet high, what you were facing
was a replica of a water pump from the 1600's that was the
college's water supply.  The green fabric is its winter
protective coat.

In a far corner of Harvard Yard, in front of the Lamont
Library, there is a Henry Moore bronze sculpture in a similar
custom-tailored green covering.  I have often thought of
trying to take identical vantage point pictures of the
sculpture with and without its winter garb, but haven't done
so.

Harvard Square in general is an easy place for street
phototgraphy.  People (mostly not Harvard Students) come to
see and be seen.  In her suburban high-school days, my
daughter was part of that scene.  Holding my breath must have
worked, because she got through the phase without tattoos,
piercings, or something worse.

----- Larry Woods
      lmwoods@xxxxxxx