Re: [OM] 300mm & 400mm Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] 300mm & 400mm Zuiko
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 11:46:05 EST
In a message dated 1/29/2009 4:16:13 A.M. Central Standard Time,
d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I'm  thinking about getting a lens in the 300mm to 400mm range and was
wondering  what you all think of the Zuikos in that range? I know the Great
White
350mm  is supposed to be a great lens, but that would be way beyond my means.
Any  thoughts?

Darin

When shooting at those focal lengths, I am generally doing nature and
wildlife images and doing it early or late in the day for the more favorable
light.
 Although both the 300mm and 400mm Zuikos have resided in my kit in  the
past, they have been replaced by a Tamron SP 300mm f2.8 and Tamron SP 400mm
f4.
They are big and fast, which means they are used on a  tripod.  Their glass is
every bit as good as the Zuiko.  If you  need the f-stops, look to Tamron.  I
doubt the 400mm would cost any more  than the Zuiko and is easier to find.
The 300mm will be pricier than the  Zuiko and for this Olympus user, worth the
freight.  Bill Barber

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)