Re: [OM] More Winter Photos

Subject: Re: [OM] More Winter Photos
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 08:01:37 -0600
On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 12:52 AM, Nicoletta Da Ros <nicodaros@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> lovely photos, enjoyed them a lot.
> there's so much sky there... it must be wonderful... i have a
> fascination with open skies.

Reasonably open skies, but nothing quite like the experience of open
sky in parts of Wyoming and Montana.  Something of what you may be
experiencing is probably the effect of the wider angles of the 14-54
lens.  There's more than a little WA distortion in some of the images.

> keep up the good work :)

Thanks so much.  I will if you will!  You were a new "face" to me when
I returned to the list late last year and I've gotten some inspiration
from your energy, enthusiasm, and inquisitiveness via photography.  I
have very little skill in photography other than the occasional notion
that if I can get my keester to a certain place at the right time
there might be something there -- that and the habit of leaving my
lenses at either f8 or f11.

Joel W.