Re: [OM] Shooting candids

Subject: Re: [OM] Shooting candids
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:31:10 -0800

> First, long lenses and good IQ at high ISOs offer the ability to
> photograph people from outside their vigilant zone, at least in many
> parts of the world.
And outside my own comfort zone too. This is why the 135/3.5 was the
first lens I bought. On the OM1 it is so small and inconspicuous. It is
easier to get rid of busy backgrounds if necessary. I find many street
shots have undesirable elements best left out. The downside is a
cardboard cut out look just becoming noticeable at 135mm.
> wide to normal lens, close to the subjects and cautions be damned.
Yeah, I bet you get a lot of reactions like this:
<http://www.jbuhler.com/photos/index.php?album=portfolio&image=IMGP8137.jpg>
The image is a put off because of the subject reaction to the
photographer. He obviously didn't give a sh*t.

I wonder how many shots he gets of a blurry fist about 12" from the
lens? Or how many times he has to have the camera surgically removed?

Mike