Re: [OM] Bessa problem, I've found it!

Subject: Re: [OM] Bessa problem, I've found it!
From: "Stephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <stephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 12:12:43 +0100
so my advice was correct,

so now you have to check if it's the lens or the adapter that's a bit
out of normal...
remember that flange distance accuracy is very important for wide
angle lenses...

so check the adapter first..
-if it's wrong buy a voïgtländer one
if it's ok for the adapter get the lens adjusted with an
autocollimator... or learn to live with the focus shift...

good luck...

Stephan
Le 23-janv.-09 à 05:59, Chris Crawford a écrit :

> I did a careful systematic test of my Bessa and the Ultron lens, and
> compared it with another lens to see if my focus problem is the body
> needing
> adjustment or the lens. It is the lens. The shots with the other
> lens were
> spot on, perfect. The bessa shots were backfocused, and intentionally
> focusing slightly in front of the subject gave sharper images!
>
> I've uploaded scans to my Bessa page for you all to see.
>
> http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com/family-snapshots/bessa/
>

> --
> Chris Crawford
> Fine Art Photography