Re: [OM] WiebeTech protective drive cases

Subject: Re: [OM] WiebeTech protective drive cases
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:43:28 -0500
Your memory is a little weak.  Paragon's product is "Partition Manager".
  "Partition Magic" was a product of PowerQuest Corp.  When I was still
an OS/2 man I used it all the time and it was an excellent piece of
software.  But it was acquired by Symantec in 2003 and about the same
time I moved off OS/2 to Win2000.  The Wiki page on Partition Magic says
Symantec hasn't upgraded the product past Win XP and has no intention to
although it can be forced to run in that environment by using rebuilding
all Vista disk partitions with XP code.  Yecchh!

Paragon's "Partition Manager" may be perfectly good software but I have
no knowledge of it as I did with the OS/2 version of Partition Magic.

That comment about Vista partitions being different may well mean that
Acronis 9 won't work to clone a Vista drive.  I'm sure the sector by
sector copy would work but it may get into trouble before that if it
doesn't recognize the disk partitions to begin with.

Chuck Norcutt