Re: [OM] Focusing screen and focus with DSLR

Subject: Re: [OM] Focusing screen and focus with DSLR
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 02:44:30 +0800
Thanks for the link, Mike. If the bright treatment only got 1/2 stop
improvement down to F5.6 then it doesn't help much as I don't have any lens
slower than F5.6 except the Zuiko 500mm.

I believe the split or microprism is not as accurate as the ground glass.
For Canon FF some people offer focusing screen modified from the older Canon
screen with split and microprism, if necessary I believe I can modify one
myself.

MF with liveview is slow and the one without rotating LCD is not good to
operate. Holding the camera up at eyelevel with such heavy camera is no fun.
I love the E-3, I did some low angle macros with live view and the 90/2, it
worked very well.

C.H.Ling