Re: [OM] The Bristlecone Trees Enigma

Subject: Re: [OM] The Bristlecone Trees Enigma
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 03:09:29 -0800
Richard Man wrote:
> One neat thing about shooting film is that often you don't really know what
> you have until you make a print, or scan the film in and see it at a larger
> size on the computer. I have been re-scanning some of the film due to losing
> the previously scanned copies to a hard drive failure last year. Re-examining
> the photos allows me a new perspective on which photos have potential.

One of the great joys for me of getting a scanner was discovering how
much could be in my color neg images that wasn't seen on the small,
automated prints back when the images were shot.

> The Bristlecone trees are the oldest living things on earth - the oldest
> specimen being 4000-5000 years old.

This is quite an arguable point. Certainly the oldest known individual
trees. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldest_living_thing>

Moose