Re: [OM] More managed bokeh

Subject: Re: [OM] More managed bokeh
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 09:53:34 +1100

> Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> So, the Oz pennies have gone the way of the Tasmanian Tiger?  How does
> that work in practice?

Yes, the 1c & 2c pieces have been gone for several (can't remember how many !)
years.  Most prices in shops are multiples of 5c, at the supermarket they just
round the total to the nearest 5c.  Stuff like gas bills are usually stated to
1c, then they generally get paid by cheque or electronically which isn't
rounded.  I presume if you pay your gas bill "over the counter" with cash it
would be rounded too.

I have a stash of 1c & 2c coins somewhere, I thought they might be useful as
non-ferrous washers.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com