Re: [OM] Equipment cleanup

Subject: Re: [OM] Equipment cleanup
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 22:38:49 -0500
Ick. When I was in Santa Fe, I worked for a few months at a camera store out
there. There was a regular customer, a very talented photographer, who
smoked 5000 packs a day. No, I'm not kidding...very much...lol He had a
gravelly voice, could barely breathe and smelled like a giant cigarette.

One day he brings in his Nikon Coolscan 5000, says he's scanned all his film
and is now shooting digital so he wants to sell it on consignment. It took
one of the girls I worked with 3 days of scrubbing with windex-soaked paper
towels to remove the THICK layer of tar from this thing. We prayed that the
optics inside weren't coated...didn't want to try taking it apart!

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design