[OM] Auto WB (was "Be careful where you sit...")

Subject: [OM] Auto WB (was "Be careful where you sit...")
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 13:30:18 -0600
On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Chuck Norcutt
<chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I always shoot everything in raw and handle white balance in post
> processing.  But, at the same time, I try to keep the camera's white
> balance setting close to the lighting temperature I'm shooting in such
> the previews of the images are reasonably close to what the final image
> will look like.

I follow the same practice.  Being rather new to Lightroom as well as
the E-3, I find the camera's auto WB quite a bit colder than I would
have expected.  Lightroom's auto almost always warms the image up, and
even selecting "Daylight" does the same thing.  The camera's auto WB
is, to my eyes, almost clinically accurate.  I guess that's what one
wants in some objective sense, but I almost never feel anything less
than a need to tweak WB in RAW development.

Could be this laptop, I suppose, and Huey.

Joel W.