Re: [OM] Zukio 1.4 or ZD 1.4?

Subject: Re: [OM] Zukio 1.4 or ZD 1.4?
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 12:23:59 -0600
On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Mike Lazzari
<watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I seem to remember it mentioned here that some of the 180/2.8's have an
> interference issue with the Zuiko 1.4x. I think you need a higher SN
> model. In any event this may dictate which way to go. The Zuiko 1.4xa
> will be much cheaper but perhaps harder to find. That ZD1.4 sure is a
> pricey little babble and overkill for the 180/2.8 unless you have
> another use for it.
>
> Mike

I'm not with my Zuikos right now and I forgot to bring my DZ 1.4 TC to
Hawaii.  But my recollection is that it doesn't play nicely with
anything but DZs.  Specifically, I don't think my OM adapter worked
well with it or else it was just impossible to get any sort of decent
focus with it.  The conclusion I drew from my experiments is to match
TCs of the same type with their respective lenses.

Joel W.