Re: [OM] where is the on off switch on the OM4T?

Subject: Re: [OM] where is the on off switch on the OM4T?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 20:50:30 -0800
John Hermanson wrote:
> Yes, on the 3 and 3Ti they coulda shoulda used a self timer mechanism right
> out of an OM-1.

And yet ... those are pretty useless. It seems to me that Gary's lens
tests showed pretty conclusively that the mirror lock-up of the OM-1 was
singularly ineffective at controlling vibration.

Starting With the OM-2Sp, they remedied that in with pre-fire of both
mirror and aperture and continued with the OM-4 series, OM-40(PC) and
OM2000.

Perhaps with their new, premier mechanical bodies, they couldn't come up
with a practical, economic solution and preferred not to put on a
feature that didn't really work.

I don't recall at this distance in time about the original F, but the
Nikon F2 is far superior to the OM-1 in that particular respect. The
mechanical lock operates both aperture and mirror mechanisms. Together
with the greater mass, they made it far less prone to vibration caused
unsharpness.

Moose