Re: [OM] While on the subject of computer safety and back-ups

Subject: Re: [OM] While on the subject of computer safety and back-ups
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 16:55:27 -0800
usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I've been using external HD's with their own enclosure for now, but I admire
> your solution,

It's funny, I thought about how I would solve the problem, looked and
found someone had indeed done so.

> I have read some like to use VHS cases to store bare drives.
>
> http://www.alom.com/resources/pdf/VHSinsert.pdf

I've already found that the cardboard slip cases are a perfect fit for
width and depth, but about an inch long.

I've got an old, wooden VHS taps case from way back when they were quite
expensive. More slots than I need anytime soon, but a nice storage thingie.

> If they fit, I am told these are the "older" versions that are antistatic
> unlike the plain plastic current incarnations.
>

> http://www.tapestockonline.com/whvhsalst.html
>

> I'm not sure what "Disney Style" means but I might take a pass if some
> deranged duck image is on the case.

They simply mean there is a clear plastic cover into which labels are
slipped. Same design is used for DVD cases. I sometimes take them out
and put in my own labels.

Moose