Re: [OM] SCSI drivers for Windoze [was Minimalism competition:, TOO COMP

Subject: Re: [OM] SCSI drivers for Windoze [was Minimalism competition:, TOO COMPLEX!]
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 20:52:40 -0800
Moose wrote:
> I got my older SCSI card and driver that came with the Canon FS2710
> scanner working under XP with the ASPI generic support layer from
> Adaptec. A snap, once I found the right tool.

Despite the ASPI layer I was unsuccessful. Just couldn't get the Adptec
SCSI card to work with either of my scanners (HP PhotoSmart and Canon
FS4000)  Scans would partially complete and quit. Ed Hamrick said it was
a communication issue probably related to termination. At that point I
just hooked up the usb cable and took a small performance hit. The
PhotoSmart unfortunately only has a scsi interface. It's still around
here somewhere if someone wants a decent and very cheap slide scanner.

Mike