Re: [OM] Sharpeining, was: Flickr account problems

Subject: Re: [OM] Sharpeining, was: Flickr account problems
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 13:38:02 -0600

> I do all my own sharpening on each image individually.  When sent to the
> lab the "do not diddle with this" flag is always set.

Are you sending pre-sized images to Millers though?  Because their up-rez
engine always applies sharpening regardless of your "no-diddle" flag.

Actually, another thing to remember is that Millers applies a full-bleed
enlargement to the print too.  So, if you crop and size a file to print on
8x10, it will still enlarge slightly then trim.

If you are into exacting work, get a pigment printer, but for the 99% rule,
I have no issue with their methodology.

AG