Re: [OM] Calling the lists native German speakers

Subject: Re: [OM] Calling the lists native German speakers
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 19:57:11 +0100
Hi Chuck,

I am not native, but I speak German and have bought much of my
equipment during the past 10-12 years in German online shops.
"Spiegelreflexkamera" is indeed correct. Sometimes the "Spiegel" is
dropped and it becomes just "Reflexkamera". As for abbreviation, the
most common is simply SLR or DSLR, i.e. same as in English.

Another common abbreviation is KB, for Kleinbild, referring to the
35mm format. Although it is considered a bit old-fashioned now.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain