Re: [OM] Minimalism competition

Subject: Re: [OM] Minimalism competition
From: "Jez Cunningham" <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 10:51:29 +0100
Hmm, I'm confused - are you aiming for mechanical or manual or both?

It all seems to be getting complicated when to be honest, a film camera body
has no effect on the photograph - that's determined by the lens and the
film; all the body has to do is hold the lens and film in the right places
and open the shutter for a predictable time.  (As an auxiliary function a
body can measure exposure, but restricting us to 'manual' removes that
function.)

If I have to use the camera in manual, can I use the histogram on my digital
light-meter to set exposure (manually) ?

 So if anything, shouldn't you focus on the choice of lens, film, and the
all-important-but-not-yet-mentioned post-processing.  How are you going to
standardize getting the film image to the web?  The variability of types of
scanner is going to blow away the fine differences between lenses...

jez