Re: [OM] On free film.

Subject: Re: [OM] On free film.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 15:15:18 -0500
You can achieve the same DOF with the 100/2 as the 50/3.5 if you either
1) close down the 100/2 by four stops at the same distance
2) double the shooting distance at the same f stop

examples:
1) you're shooting from 25 cm at f/4 with the 50mm.  You can switch to
the 100mm from the same distance if you close down to f/16.
2) you're shooting from the same 25 cm at f/4 with the 50mm.  You can
use the 100mm at f/4 if you move out to 50cm.

Dr. DOF