Re: [OM] OM to Canon adapter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM to Canon adapter
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 13:46:48 -0500
I have 3 ebay adapters of two different makes all made of chrome plated
brass.  The only problems that I have had is that the tolerances on two
of the adapters will not allow certain non-Zuiko lenses to fit although
all of my Zuikos will fit. All fit the camera perfectly.  The only
problem lens I care about is the Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 macro so that
one goes permanently on the adapter that doesn't pose any fit problems.
  Unfortunately, that adapter disappeared from availability long ago.
The other two adapters are semi-permanently fitted to my Zuiko 24/2.8
and Tokina 17/3.5.  They are occasionally removed and fitted to other
Zuikos but for the most part the wide angle end is most in need.  The
24/2.8 is lesser used these days since I added a Tamron 20-40 to the
stable.  Much to my surprise that turned out to be the most heavily used
lens on my big trip even though I had bought a Tamron 24-135 in
anticipation of the trip.  Faced with wide open western spaces my view
of the world became much wider angled than I was previously accustomed to.

The only other lens I can recall at the moment that proved to be a fit
problem was the Soligor CD 35-70/2.5-3.5.  But that one weighs a ton and
I'm not sure I've ever even used it on an OM body.  The svelte Zuiko
35-70/4 is more in tune with what I'd like to carry.

Chuck Norcutt