Re: [OM] photo from times past

Subject: Re: [OM] photo from times past
From: Dean Hansen <hanse112@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 09:40:42 -0600
John Hudson posted:
I came across this piece in tomorrow's Daily Telegraph newspaper [London,
UK]

http://tinyurl.com/5l7ymv

Some regard the black and white photo to be one of the most poignant images
of the 20th century.

Reading John's post, I thought, "Wonder if this is the Depression-era
shot of the tired mother with two kids taken by Dorothea Lange?"  Yes,
it was.  Indeed, it's a poignant shot.  Years ago, I cut a copy out of a
book (Family of Man?), framed it, and hung it on my wall.  Lange's shot
of men waiting in line at a soup kitchen is also quite a photo.   Sorry,
can't give a url for that one.  Thanks for the post, John.
Dean