[OM] I feel so inferior

Subject: [OM] I feel so inferior
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:53:37 -0600
What is it I don't understand?  I made a mistake today by cruising the 'bay
and noted some really really nice looking glass.  For example, there is a
Zuiko 200/4 MULTI-COATED with a BIN of $99.  Good grief, if I didn't already
have a 200/4, I'd be snapping that up in a second. These things are awesome
on the E-system!
But back to my question:  My lenses generally have a look of "use".  For
example, the aperture rings aren't black anymore due to use.  The edges of
the knurlings are worn, showing the metal underneath the paint.  Yet, there
are lenses like the above mentioned 200/4 (please will somebody here buy
it?
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Olympus-OM-Zuiko-200mm-f4-Later-Lens-MC-VERSION-case_W0QQitemZ250330224532QQihZ015QQcategoryZ3323QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>

http://cgi.ebay.com/Olympus-OM-Zuiko-200mm-f4-Later-Lens-MC-VERSION-case_W0QQitemZ250330224532QQihZ015QQcategoryZ3323QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Of course, I have no connection with the seller, I'm just amazed that such a
beautiful and excellent lens is going for poverty-level pricing. The 200/4
is a very sharp lens.

So, where do I find the paint to be able to give my Zuikos that patina of
newness that you all seem to be able to have with your lenses? Or probably a
better question to ask is what can I use to clean my camera equipment to
give it that "like new" appearance without that shiny-black look from use?
 I'm assuming that the "shine" comes from skin oils.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx