Re: [OM] The olden days, was: e-6 processing

Subject: Re: [OM] The olden days, was: e-6 processing
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 07:50:53 +0100
I hate full service. One of the states where I lived, NJ I think, had
a law forbidding customers to pump their gas themselves (could have
been Pennsylvania, I did not live there but went to Philly twice a
week). This had the effect of increasing the waiting time and keeping
prices higher than they would otherwise be. And of course, every gas
station attendant I have encountered anywhere in the world has had the
annoying habit of wanting to top off to get to a round amount, even
after repeatedly beeing told that it did not matter since I was going
to pay with a credit card anyway.

No, give me self-service any time. It is a good thing that minimum
wages in most European countries are too high for gas stations to
employ people just to pump gas, although here in Spain there are some--
I tend to avoid those.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain