Re: [OM] OT Photoshop CS2

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Photoshop CS2
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:01:47 -0800
> From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> This morning, one of the machines decided that after almost starting
> CS2, "the name, organization or serial number is corrupt, program will
> now exit".
>
> Since program won't start, I can't deactivate it and do a complete
> uninstall and reinstall.  I tried a repair using the CS2 install disc
> but I get the same message.  Any suggestions?

Uhm, Apple Aperture?

<rant>There comes a point in any company's evolution when they become
more concerned with defending their market share than they are with
providing outstanding goods and services to their customers. THAT is
when you see copy protection techniques become more and more
aggressive. THAT is the point at which I decide to use another
company, no matter how inferior their product nor how steep the
learning curve.

My last version of Photoshop was CS, and it's working fine, thank you.
It does not "phone home" nor does it forget who paid for it. I
probably don't know what I'm missing in CS2 and CS3 -- ignorance is
bliss in this case.</rant>

:::: Fear is the mind-killer, it is the little-death that leads to
total obliteration. I must face my fear and let it pass over me. I
must not fear! -- Paul Muad'Dib ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::