Re: [OM] Life photo archive @ Google

Subject: Re: [OM] Life photo archive @ Google
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 01:47:28 -0800
Piers Hemy wrote:
> Wow, it's lucky you were there to take a reasonably good photo, Moose.

Yeah, my only assignment using a Hasselblad. But getting to use the
special 60mm Biogon with double the resolving power of the 80mm Planar
was cool.

> Of course, it would have been better using an OM, but you are forgiven for
> that enforced lapse.

That would have been hard. I don't think there were even working
prototypes of the M-1 yet. 35mm would have been a Nikon F. Oly didn't
hit the space circuit 'til the Space Shuttle era, with the OM-4.
<http://zuiko.com/index_042.htm>

> So, was it really 16 July?

I've always been poor on dates. Pretty sure it was July, though, on my
reserves summer cruise. We had to pretend that it was just out into the
Pacific, of course.

A. Transatmospheric Moose