[OM] Re: E-30

Subject: [OM] Re: E-30
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 19:34:21 -0600
 >I'm sure the bloke behind the camera had nothing to do with it.

LOL, nothing at all.  It's a sad day when a photographer thinks that
"technology" is what makes or breaks his work.  This is true for both
digital cameras (full-frame, more pixels, higher ISOs) or Film Cameras.  I
can be just as wrong about film as anybody can be about digital.

If I was half as smart as I think I am, I'd be able to engineer a digital
solution to all this....

...if I wanted to.

Unfortunately/fortunately I don't want to.  Maybe I want to embrace
"different" so much that I'm willing to overlook alternative
methods/technologies (ie Digital) to utilize my chosen technology and
methods.  When one has among the best photographic tools ever made for a
given medium, one wants to do things with these tools which maximize the
benefit of the tools and medium.  I now want to do some LONG time exposures
which I really haven't attempted since I got rid of my OM-1 six or seven
years ago.   I want to do things which are difficult or impossible with
today's digital cameras.  But most of all, maybe I just want to prove the
world wrong!

AG (oh how we suffer for our art) Schnozz