[OM] Re: A terrible admission

Subject: [OM] Re: A terrible admission
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 15:46:05 -0800
John Morton wrote:
> Okay - I did it.

Hey, nice to hear from you. Been in months long meditation on the next
camera? :-)
> I carefully packed away my favorite camera, the Olympus OM-4 T. I set aside
> my E510, and all of my wonderful Zuiko glass.
>
> I bought a MiGon D700 full frame dSLR.

Certainly a nice camera. With a Cagnon, you would have been able to keep
using the OM Zuiko glass. I did at first, but must admit it's quite
seldom now.
> Very nice; here's the Fraser River at sunset, in an HDR image shown as actual
> pixels (cropped image) and as full frame (smaller image).
>
> http://originofwriting.com/D700/FraserRiver.html

Nice image!

Nice shadow detail and noise for ISO 1600. Film or E-510 don't do that.

Moose