[OM] Re: OT: I got an awesome deal on a Minolta lens

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: I got an awesome deal on a Minolta lens
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 16:24:59 -0400
You can convert Minolta MD lenses for 4/3 use by using a simple
mechanical adapter from ebay.  You can't convert an MD mount for Canon
EOS use without using an optical element in the adapter (like a low
power teleconverter) or doing some major surgery on the lens mount as
shown in the link that Johnny posted
<http://www.cogitech.ca/Rokkor/index.html>

A Maxxum AF mount would present similar problems for the mechanical
mounting even though its register distance is 1 mm greater than the MD
mount (44.5mm vs 43.5mm).  But I assume the aperture control is
electronic so you'd have no way of controlling the aperture except by
recreating that interface as well.   Since the Maxxum AF mount has a
greater register distance than the MD mount putting an MD mount lens on
the new Sony full-frame DSLR would also be problematic.  But old Maxxum
AF lenses should work fine.

Chuck Norcutt