[OM] Re: paypal

Subject: [OM] Re: paypal
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:08:45 -0500
John H wrote:
>Fortunately, I have to collect sales tax only on items shipped within
>NY.  My invoice program adds sales tax but first I have to note the town
>it's going to, look up what county thats in, and enter that tax rate.

I have a similar situation here in Iowa.  Until this year we've had 99
different sales tax rates within the state.  Now EVERYBODY pays the highest
rate.  But we still, for some nonsensical reason still have to track sales
by local.  It is a real pain for any of us doing business statewide.

I believe we're actually supposed to collect sales tax for sales made
out-of-state in NY and California, but I've never heard of that being
enforced.

AG