[OM] Re: Good price for Auto-Bellows + Slide Copy Attachment?

Subject: [OM] Re: Good price for Auto-Bellows + Slide Copy Attachment?
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 14:31:11 -0700
I'll echo Jan's sentiment about hunting up a 20mm for the bellows.  I don't have
a 20, do have a 38.  Your depth of field and distance to subject will be very
small.  Try doing some work with reversed lens on the bellows to see if you
really want to play in that arena rather than just dabble.

The reverse lens can be accomplished by reversing the lens mount plate, or in my
case I have a reverse adapter for 49mm threads I slap onto the lens plate.  You
do lose the auto diaphragm with the reversed setup.

For a dual cable, if the Mamiya doesn't work for you, the Nikon AR-7 does work
(thanks to Moose for pointing that out).  The Nikon release is easier to find
and cheaper than the Olympus release.

If you want extreme macro try reverse mounting a cine lens for 8mm on the
bellows.

Now if I were independently wealthy, would I get a 20mm?  You bet.
Toys for the Boys.

Jay

Hand me my costume
Please won't you pass me my mask
I have appointments I must keep with my past.

Bill Nelson - Beauty Secrets