[OM] A new, cheap toy that's actually an Olympus!

Subject: [OM] A new, cheap toy that's actually an Olympus!
From: "montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 20:31:18 +1000
On just another day during which I continue to mull which model to
upgrade my EOS 10D to (the greatest or the even greatester landscape
camera in the universe), or just say, "buggrit", and keep using my
ever-reliable 10D, I managed to go completely backwards from the
hobbyist's holy grail and took delivery of instead, courtesy of an eBay
seller, something that is probably the worstest landscape camera in the
entire multiverse and throughout all time.

It's very cute though, and I like it, and, though I don't have any
pictures of my own either of or from it, here it is (and it was
*actually made by Olympus*):

http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Olympus_Pen#The_Pen_and_Pen_S

Yeah, yeah, "big whoop", just a cheap half-frame (well, "cheap", but I
probably paid too much for it because I got sick of being justly sniped
and lifted my bid max). It looks and feels pretty nifty though. It also
looks fun. It looks like I'm going to have to practice scale-focus (it
came with a seemingly-inaccurate shoe-mount rangefinder) and guesstimate
exposure, but I'll cheerfully assign that to the "fun" category, since I
also recently bought 20 roles of 36-exposure (or now, optionally,
72-exposure) Reala, pretty cheap.

I haven't named it yet though. I'm thinking, maybe, "Fizzgig".

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz
http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery