[OM] Re: 16 bit tiff

Subject: [OM] Re: 16 bit tiff
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 22:13:52 -0300
As Agent Gibbs has a habit of  saying "English please" to Abbs and Tim the
Geek, what would be the bottom line consequence of having an 11 x 14, a 16 x
20, or a way bigger  print made from an 8 bit file as compared to that from
a 16 bit file?

Back in the late 1960s I saw a huge .......... better than 72"' on the long
side ............ black and white print made from a 35mm negative out of an
M3 that look pretty damm good. In something of the same vein what would be
the visual comparison between making that same print from an 8 bit or a 16
bit file?

This curious mind , and maybe those of others, want to know :-)

jh