[OM] Re: 1600 ISO

Subject: [OM] Re: 1600 ISO
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 22:42:44 -0700
I'll tell you how I deal with high ISO needs: image stabilization.

The Olympus IS is so good (chorus: "How good is it?") that I think
nothing of shooting as much as five stops below the "rule of thumb."
It is so good that I've re-discovered the 500/8 Reflex lens -- hand-
held. It is so good, that I rarely even look at the shutter speed in
moderately-low light situations any more -- I just shoot.

Of course, IS will not stop subject motion, nor does it free you from
the tripod for extremely long exposures. But it has changed my
shooting more than any other innovation since the OM-2 introduced me
to aperture priority automatic exposure.

:::: The earth's immune system, so to speak, has recognized the
presence of the human species and is starting to kick in. The earth is
attempting to rid itself of an infection by the human parasite. --
Richard Preston
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>