[OM] Re: More U.S. OO images

Subject: [OM] Re: More U.S. OO images
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 21:57:33 -0700
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>>

> I have never taken a PS course. I would imagine that the necessity to
> cover a broad part of the endless range of tools and capabilities
> would
> of necessity lead to under coverage of individual subjects and
> overload
> of student brains.  :-\

Sounds like your imagination is limited to lousy teachers. :-)

I teach a skills-based progression that works for anything back to PS7
or so -- and probably for a good number of non-PS applications, as well.

If a student requests an exhaustive review of all the menu items, I
tell him (she would never ask such a thing) to go buy the "... for
Dummies" book. Then he behaves.

:::: Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just
the opposite. -- John Kenneth Galbraith ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com> ::::