[OM] Re: Computer fix it question

Subject: [OM] Re: Computer fix it question
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:27:19 +1000 (EST)
Hi,

I've come across a few Dell's with USB mice that dont seem to
work anymore when the PC goes into any power saving mode.
I found out that if you pull the USB plug out then re insert it,
all is well again.

The more permanent solution was to get a different brand of
mouse, it looks like something wierd with Windows and Logitec
(the dell mice I saw were rebranded logitecs) has developed, as
to who's at fault I have no idea, as I've also seen the same
thing with another PC with a logitec mouse.

Cheers
Ian Manners

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 18:55:01 EDT, NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

> My monitor has gone into "Sleep Mode" and can only be awakened by pressing
> any key or clicking with the mouse.  The keyboard will not work on this
> computer, nor will the mouse.  The keyboard is plugged into the appropriate
> slot on
> the back of the computer, and the mouse is plugged into an USB  hub.  I took
> the keyboard off the non functioning computer and attached it  to my other
> computer and it works fine.  It would not "power up on the  other computer."
> The
> mouse on the other hand would not work on either  computer.  That could
> possibly be a software problem on the computer on  which I tried to get it to
> work.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Bad card?  Virus?  Bad Mojo? Dumb a$$ operator?
>
> If bad card, what card should I ask for at the geek store?  Computer  is a
> Dell 8100 (I think).
>
> <[B^)  Bill Barber
>

> **************Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial
> challenges?  Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips
> and
> calculators.      (http://www.walletpop.com/?NCID=emlcntuswall00000001)

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx