[OM] Re: Computer fix it question

Subject: [OM] Re: Computer fix it question
From: <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 05:49:41 +0000
I really don't know the answer but the fact that the monitor can be "awakened"
by pressing any key or clicking the mouse discredits your statement that the
keyboard and mouse don't work.  Since they work for that limited function they
are active and their interrupts are recognized.  Whatever is the problem I'm
sure must be some silly piece of software or software configuration within
Winders pertaining to energy conservation or some such.

Most USB mice are pretty standard and should work interchangeably across
machines.  However, there are exceptions such as some Logitech mice which may
require their own driver.  If the mouse came with its own driver it's not
likely to work on the other machine without installing that driver.

Hope this helps at least a little.

Chuck Norcutt