[OM] Re: Single-piece M42 adaptors was Re: IMG: Hummingbird

Subject: [OM] Re: Single-piece M42 adaptors was Re: IMG: Hummingbird
From: James R <londonjames@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:01:23 +0100
Bringing this one back to things photographic, I asked a Portuguese
focus-puller how he got on with the imperial system. He said he finds
the foot a far better measure to use than anything metric when
measuring subject distance; it's the right sort of size unit to deal
with things within say 20-30' - you end up with too many centimetres,
and metres require point this or that at closer range. As for
millimetres...
James