[OM] Re: List Status and other stuff

Subject: [OM] Re: List Status and other stuff
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 23:38:20 -0700
> From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>> I'd be willing to host the list. I'm running about a dozen low-volume
>> lists and websites at the moment.
>>     http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Services
>
> Talk about going full-circle.  The mail-serve was once in Vancouver,
> wasn't
> it?

On Vancouver Island, at Shawnigan Lake, to be exact, about 15km from
here, the way the crow flies. (But about 90 minutes travel time, if
you hit the ferry just right.)

In July, I tried to meet up with Shawn Wright, who hosted the original
list, but he didn't return my email. I've heard rumours the school
where he worked is closing, although their website has no mention.

Just to be clear, I normally charge for web/mail hosting, but would
volunteer to host the Olympus list for free if others will do most of
the routine list management. I use GNU Mailman, the most popular open
source list management software.

:::: Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating
yourself. -- George Bernard Shaw ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::