[OM] Re: Spooky Camera Behavior

Subject: [OM] Re: Spooky Camera Behavior
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 14:30:42 -0700
Charles Geilfuss wrote:
> .... Is the thumbnail generated by the camera in a hidden process of which I
> am unaware?

I don't know about that particular camera, but yes, that is generally
the case.

Most file managers, viewers, etc. that display images are capable of
generating a thumbnail if there isn't one in the file.

iView/MS Expression Media has a discussion in the manual about the pros
and cons of use of embedded thumbnails vs. generating new, higher
quality and/or different size ones for use in their catalogs.

Moose